Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nothing Like a Healthy Dose of Psychedelics to Muck Up the Week (in a good way)

I could write this as a manifesto, but manifestos can be so pushy...I can be so pushy.  I would rather let this fall like a gentle rain.  Right now it is one hundred degrees outside in New York City.  People are everywhere, putting up with the glorious stench of urban living.  We are braving the decomposition of rat bodies in the subway, we are saying things like, "Excuse me," or, "Hello," even as we sweat through expensive business suits.  Yes, a gentle rain would be nice. 

There is nothing like a healthy dose of psychedelics to muck up the week (in a good way).  I did not learn anything new, but rather, had the fog wiped from my windshield.  Now I am full of quotes - the kind you find written beneath photographs of canyons or eagles or eagles flying over canyons.  The kind that hang invisible on office walls or make great paperweights.  I'm full of those now.  And while I could grab you by the shoulders and shake you, shouting obvious bits of wisdom in your face, it's just too hot for that.

Instead, let's hold hands.  If we get too sweaty, we can simply sit together, take a break.  No matter what you have or haven't done in life, good job.  Keep going.

1 comment:

  1. That's a one great line: "Now I am full of quotes - the kind you find written beneath photographs of canyons or eagles or eagles flying over canyons."
    you go woman.

    ReplyDelete